Osteopathic treatment can be adapted to any body type, and may be particularly gentle and useful for the elderly.
Aging is a natural life process and greatly impacts on the musculoskeletal system, often reducing mobility and causing stiffness and pain.
Osteopathy may assist in reducing the pain and dysfunctions associated with particular conditions (such as osteoarthritis) and the effects of general ageing and wear on the body. It may help to improve overall quality of life.
- Rehabilitation after hip or knee replacement/surgery
- Improve neck motion for important tasks such as driving
- Keep hands and wrists mobile for writing, cooking and other daily tasks
- Avoid or delaying the need for surgery
- Low back pain and stiffness
- Hip and knee pain
- Neck, shoulder and arm or hand pain
- Arthritic pain and joint swelling